Refer A Child
The Mending Kids Individual Surgical Care program team meets every four weeks to determine eligibility of children for surgical treatment, always trying to accommodate as many children as possible.
General Questions & Answers:
If you have a child under the age of 16 currently living outside of the United States that needs corrective surgical treatment, please complete and submit the application below with all required documents.
You can submit an application one of these 3 WAYS:
- E-mail the completed application and documents
- Send by Fax to 818-843-6365
- Mail the completed application and documents to:
- Mending Kids
- 2307 W Olive Avenue
- Suite B
- Burbank, CA 91506
- MKI is unable to provide diagnostic treatment, and therefore, a surgical recommendation is required for consideration.
- It is outside the current scope of our mission to accept children with cancer, or those needing organ transplants.
- It is important that the whole package outlined in the application be completed BEFORE it is submitted. Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed.
- If you fill the spaces in completely on the application, it is easier for us to learn how we can help.
- Once you apply, please stay in touch. Sometimes it takes months to get a response from hospitals or doctors regarding your child's treatment eligibility. We also have many children on our waiting list for consideration. Please follow up with us if you have not heard anything from us after a month or two. You can send any inquiries to .
We look forward to hearing from you.
Good news! We are happy to have an existing program in-country at the Philippine Heart Center in Manila.
Filipino applicants who are looking for financial assistance to support their child's heart surgery are required to go directly to the social services offices at the Philippine Heart Center in Manila. We no longer take applications for Filipino children needing heart surgery – as they are all directed to the Philippine Heart Center for processing.
Once your child is registered with the Heart Center, they will determine if your child qualifies for the new "Z Benefit" which offers low cost surgeries to children under five who are diagnosed with PDA, ASD, and some TOF's. If your child is over 5 years old, and/or they need surgeries outside of this list, the Heart Center will help you complete a financial analysis. If your family is found to be in financial Category C or D, they will help you qualify directly for financial assistance with Mending Kids and complete the simple paperwork.
Magandang balita ang handog namin sayo! Para sa lahat nang mga nangangailangan nang tulong para sa mga batang kailangan nang operasyon sa puso, maaari kayong lumapit sa Philippine heart Center. Pumunta kayo sa kanilang social services office at kailangan kayong mag apply sa kanilang programa at ma kumpleto ninyo ang lahat nang kanilang mga kailangan. Pag natangap ang iyong anak sa Z program mababa Lang ang inyong babayaran. Ang programang Ito ya para sa mga sangol hangang 5 taon gulang. Meron din programa na tinatawag na category C or D para sa mga batang 5 taon at pataas. Ang mga sumusunod na operasyon na puwede naming tulungan ay PDA, ASD at ibang TOF's. Ito Lang ang maaari namin sagutin ang mga gastusin. Sana naipaliwanag ko nang maayos sa iyo.
Please download the application below to begin the referral process.